The game prototype has firstly been created for NDS (screen resolution 256×192) then Samsung Wave smartphone (800×480). The current game data are optimised for these platforms: Texture size, texture colors (mostly 256 colors palettes), number of objects and polygon counts.
Today I cleaned the code and compiled it again on Win32. I’m using Visual Studio 2008 and C++. During past development, I mainly worked on a Win32 version. My codes are usually totally multi-platform. So compiling under Win32 was easy. The code cleaning went much easier than I expected. I removed all menus and HUD stuffs, and lot of old code.
I tested the game using 1280×1024 resolution. You can see the result below. Originally the data and code have been made to run on OpenGl ES. So I use here simple textured (and colored) textures, some with alpha blend. Nothing more. That first result is quite nice.